Monday, November 1, 2010

So I'm pretty sure I was a house wife in another life..

This is what I've decided after 3 months of being married. I loved cooking before, but now that I actually have someone to cook for, and friends that we have dinners/get togethers with that actually gives me an excuse to cook and make things..I love it! Here are some of my newest recipes that I have added to my recipe book-which I am rapidly running out of room in!
* Cheesy Veggie Lasagna
* Cinnamon Rolls (FROM SCRATCH!)
* Pumpkin Bread (from scratch, using all the parts of the pumpkin. Woo!!)
* Marbled Raspberry Cheesecake Squares
* Breadsticks from scratch..or pretzels depending on seasoning I suppose
* And Danny's favorite, cheese biscuits! Not as good as Red Lobster, but they are pretty darn good if I say so myself!
I am tempted to start a cooking blog just to keep track of the recipes until I can get another book haha.
So I can't believe its November already!! Time is going by too fast!! I guess thats a good thing though because we only have about 6 or 7 weeks until we will be headed back to good 'ole Iowa for the Christmas/New Years holidays :) I am so excited to see our families again! Its going to be so hard splitting our time there between my parents and Danny's parents because I'm going to want to spend a lot of time with both! Hopefully we will get it figured out before we head down there...if not, we'll have 18 hours of driving time to figure it out haha.
Work is still going well, I've been getting more hours lately since one of the other girls has been sick lately. Yay for more money! :) There seems to be a ton more surgeries lately too which has been awesome for me because I get to stand in all of them. I've moved up to monitoring the anesthesia and vitals during the surgery which is really neat for me to actually be involved doing something instead of just standing there. I'm really crossing my fingers for more hours when I come back from the Christmas holidays (Dear Santa...please bring me more work hours..) and am working my butt off to get to the veterinary assistant position there instead of the position I have now.
Danny is doing well with grad school. I think hes gone out mussling for the last time this season, and will start going out again this spring once the weather warms up again. Its been in the lower 70's here lately, which may not feel cold to us, but apparently it is to the mussles haha. Its so weird getting used to the fact that its November and its still warm enough to be wearing shorts and not need a coat outside lol. I can't say that I miss the freezing cold too much though. All of the grad students that he works with are really nice. They always have a "Bro's night" and a "Girl's night" every other weekend, so its nice to get out of the house and spend time with other people that are just Danny and our animals. (Not that I don't love them both very much! )
Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween!! :)

~Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment